As school starts, fall sports are in full gear and life continues to be crazy, it is hard to keep your nutrition in check. Alex, our registered dietitan helped us make a list of items to keep in our car when we need some good fuel!
- Easy snacks to keep in your car:
- Protein bars: Rx Bars, Primal Kitchen bars, Dale Bars (in cooler temps)
- Roasted chickpeas
- Beef sticks: Grass Run Farms, Chomps, Mission Meats, The New Primal
- Turkey Sticks: Nick's, The New Primal, Garrett Valley
- Jerky (MSG and nitrate free): Lorissas, Grass Run Farms
- Bison/Beef Bars: Mighty Valley or Epic
- Artisana or Justin's nut butter packets
- Mini trail mix packages from Trader Joe's or Target
- Protein powder packets (find some water and mix it in!)
- Dried veggie snacks like: Seasnax seaweed, Brad's Kale Or Rhythm Foods' Broccoli bites
Keeping these items in your car will help keep you full and avoid the dangers of the drive thru!